Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

Will Run For Cheddar Cheese Sweet Potato Soup



comfort food

I probably shouldn't be surprised that Farmer was reluctant to believe that I made cheddar cheese soup or more accurately that the soup actually contained cheddar cheese ( when I hear the words cheddar cheese soup I can't help but think of the orange gelatinous monstrosity that is no name condensed cream of cheddar).   I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that she has scurvy.

It's exam time.  I don't think I really need to say more than that. 


I decided to hop on the cauliflower band wagon and try a cauliflower and sweet potato soup.  Farmer was right the soup didn't actually contain any cheddar cheese but you can easily substitute grated old cheddar if you don't share my love of nutritional yeast.  But really, who doesn't love nutritional yeast?

Cheddar Cheese Sweet Potato Soup
(6-8 servings)

ingredients

1 medium head of cauliflower cut into small chunks

1 large sweet potato

1 can full fat coconut milk

1/4 tsp smoked paprika

1/8-1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg

5 C broth

1 large sweet onion

1 T olive oil

3/4 C nutritional yeast or cheddar cheese (or both!)

In a large stock pot heat oil & add onions until they are soft.  Add sliced potatoes & cauliflower and cook for additional 5 minutes.  Add broth.  Cook 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.  Add coconut milk and spices.  Puree.  Top with green onion, grated cheddar cheese, smoked paprika & freshly grated nutmeg.

cheddar cheese soup with cheddar

1 comment:

  1. looks great! I should give it a try

    Heather- your elf from session 2

    ReplyDelete