Pages

Thursday 14 July 2011

Will Run For Vintage Tupperware Hamburger Press


I was not so secretly very excited when my grandmother gave me a 'vintage' tupperware hamburger press.  If you are wondering what a vegetarian does with a hamburger press she makes raw cocoa nib and oatmeal cookies with it of course.


cookie dough 'batter' 

hamburger press

raw cocoa nib and oatmeal cookies

raw cacao nib and oatmeal cookie balls

my kitchen 'helper'


* oats are not technically raw but they are pretty close (incase you were concerned :P)





Raw Cocoa Nib & Oatmeal Cookies
(7 large cookies or 14 balls)

Ingredients


1 C medjool dates (approximately 10)
1/2 C oatmeal (not quick cooking)
1/2 C raw almonds
1 vanilla bean + 1 tsp water (or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1 Tbsp cocoa nibs (raw chocolate nibs  I used Navita naturals)

In a blender combine oats and almonds.  Pulse until you have a course powder.

Add dates, vanilla bean scrapings + 1 tsp water to oats and almonds and pulse until mixture sticks together.

Add cocoa nibs.  Roll into balls or use your 'vintage' hamburger press to make cookies.

* I like to store cookies in the refrigerator or freezer.

2 comments:

  1. can you bring me one of these please?

    RB (Running Buddy) or PB (Pace Bunny)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I hadn't eaten them all I could have. Unless you wanted the hamburger press and not the cookies. How about on our next run :P

    ReplyDelete