Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Will Run For Macaroon Breakfast Cookies



Did you know that it's not a great idea to cram when it comes to running?  So maybe doing my Thursday run on Saturday and my long run on Sunday wasn't my best idea ever.  Adding a Monday morning workout also not brilliant. 

 It's not like I wore cotton socks.  

I had breakfast cookies, an updated playlist and a borrowed Garmin.  It was a running party!  Well, it was a party on Saturday.  On Sunday it was a cold, snowy death march followed by cookies.

Macaroon Breakfast Cookies

A bowl of oatmeal in cookie form.

(8 cookies)

2 over ripe bananas 
1/2 C quinoa flakes
1/2 C oats (whirled around in the coffee grinder for a few seconds)
1 T cocoa (Camino is my favourite)
1/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
1T peanut butter or nut butter of choice

Preheat oven to 350 F.  In a medium bowl mash bananas.  Add quinoa flakes, oats, cocoa, coconut and nut butter.  Stir until well combined.  Bake for 20 minutes on a baking stone covered in a silicone mat to prevent the cookie from fuzing to the cookie sheet.  Gobble up pre or post run.

keeping the bed warm and thankfully not drooling on my pillow




1 comment:

  1. Yum, those sound wonderful and such an easy & healthy breakfast to grab.

    ReplyDelete