Pages

Saturday 29 September 2012

Will Run For Buttercup Squash Fries


Warning: may induce an unnatural love of squash!

I feel like I might have promised an end to the squash recipes.  If I did, I'm sorry.  I obviously lied.  If I didn't promise, I probably should have because here is yet another squash recipe.

I thought that squash fries would be the next best thing to potato fries.  I was wrong.  I'll take squash fries over a regular potato french fry any day (yes, there might be something seriously wrong with me).

Buttercup Squash Fries

(serves 1-2)

1 small to medium buttercup* squash washed & cut into thin slices.

1 T melted coconut oil

Desired seasonings ( dried dill, ground almonds/almond flour, dried cinnamon and/or cloves, sea salt)

Preheat oven to 450 F.  Place baking stone in the oven along with wire baking rack (no flipping fries and they turn out amazingly crispy).

Coat squash with melted coconut oil.  Top with desired seasonings.  I divided the recipe into thirds and used 1 tsp dill, 1/4 tsp of a cinnamon/clove mix & 1 T of ground almonds.

Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy on both sides.

Try not to eat an entire squash all by yourself.

Unrelated to buttercup squash fries but equally fabulous was my hike to Killarney's "the crack".  The view was amazing!  It was definately worth the uphill climb. 

* buttercup squash is dry, stringless and sweet if you substitute ensure that you use a similar type of squash.



view from the top of "the crack"

a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

"the crack"


one of my favourite things about fall

guess who was in charge of snacks


I can't be the only person who thinks that this sign is kind of funny




No comments:

Post a Comment