Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Will Run For Apple Sauce


Yesterday was an applesauce kind of day.  It was cool and rainy and I needed something warm and delicious after surviving (no weeds, fish, snakes, geese) a swim in the lake just after the sun came up.   Applesauce isn't something that I usually get too excited about especially when most of the applesauce that I see is smeared on students' desks or has exploded in their schoolbags. 

This applesauce however reminds me more of apple pie (a good excuse to make crumble).  Not to mention that all of the apples came from my mother's apple tree. 



Applesauce

(approximately 3 cups)


*2 LBS apples (peeled, cored, sliced)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste 
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 C apple juice concentrate

Place apple slices in a large heavy bottomed pot.  Add apple juice concentrate, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon and cloves.

Bring liquid to a boil and then simmer on low for approximately 15 minutes stirring occasionally.  The less you stir the more chunky and delicious it will be.

* I weighed the apples after they had been peeled, cored, and sliced.








No comments:

Post a Comment