Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

Will Run For Apple Nachos With Chocolate Coconut Sauce


"I don't like to eat out of the blender".  

 "Really? You don't like to eat chocolate coconut sauce out of the blender?  I could get you a bowl.  How about a really long spoon".

  What I was thinking and not saying was, "what's wrong with you"!  Soundbites from our kitchen.

I recently discovered apple nachos.  They are pretty much apple slices slathered with all kinds of delicious toppings.  Apples with caramel sauce, apples with chocolate syrup, apples with melted peanut butter.  Yum.  Why didn't I think of this sooner.

I made mine with coconut chocolate sauce, pecans, cocoa nibs and coconut but you could put anything on them.

I should fill my water bottle with chocolate sauce more often.

Apple Nachos

(serves 1)

1 sweet apple
1 T cocoa nibs
1 T raw pecans
1 T unsweetened coconut
*1/4-1/2 C Coconut Chocolate Sauce

Thinly slice apples.  Lightly brush with lemon juice to keep from turning brown.  Top with coconut chocolate sauce.  Add pecans, cocoa nibs, and coconut or your favourite toppings. 


Coconut Chocolate Sauce

(approximately 3/4-1 C)

1 small avocado
2 T cocoa powder
1 C coconut milk
1 C dates + 2/3 cup water (simmered for five minutes)
pinch salt
1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste.

In a blender combine avocado, cocoa powder, coconut milk, date paste (1 C dates + 2/3 cup water simmered on medium heat for 5 minutes), salt and vanilla.

breakfast?
Ramsey Loop I'll see you next Sunday.  You bring the nachos and maybe a wagon.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment