Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Will Run For Motivation (& Chia Cereal)

just add milk

It seems that I've misplaced my motivation lately.  I don't want to take one more step in sleet, rain, or cold.  I'm clearly not the Jolly Postman.

Lucky for me motivation sometimes shows up at my doorstep in the brightest yellow running jacket that I've ever seen.  Sometimes, motivation is 20 seven and eight year olds who have asked me a million and one times if we're running around the block and how many times and if we're playing crackers and crumbs, and, and, and.  Sometimes motivation meets me at the end of a trail, or for a second loop plus some.  Sometimes motivation heckles me from the sidelines asking how my run went.

When I don't have a lot of motivation chia cereal is the way to go.  Throw some ingredients in a bowl.  Add milk or juice or water.  Wait patiently.  Add some frozen fruit if you wish.  Done.

Chia Cereal
(2 C approximately 16 servings)

1 C chia seeds
1/2 C hulled hemp seeds
1/4 C dried diced apple
1/4 C dried apple juice sweetened cranberries
1/4 C toasted buckwheat (also known as kasha if you're rummaging around the Bulk Barn)

Toast buckwheat in a dry frying pan for approximately 5 minutes. Allow buckwheat a few minutes to cool.  Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.

To serve measure 2T of chia cereal + 4T of milk, juice, or water.  Wait patiently for 2-5 minutes.  Top with fruit, additional milk, or enjoy as is.

bouvier hurdles




No comments:

Post a Comment