Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

Will Run For Banana Bites


not so pretty but so delicious




Me: "Do slugs eat bananas"?



Farmer: "I've never had a hard time with slugs eating my bananas."

Awkward silence. 

Farmer:  "We live in Northern Ontario!  We don't grow bananas!"

Me:  "If I was a slug, I'd eat bananas".


I've felt like a slug since last Sunday's run.  If I was a slug I would want to eat bananas not lettuce and other soft vegetables.  Besides, this slug would much rather the house smell like coconut oil and warm bananas not compost.


The banana bites are soft and chewy and oh so sweet.  

Banana Bites

1 large banana 
1/2 tsp of melted coconut oil
pinch cinnamon, cardamon, cloves (optional)

* double, triple, quadruple 

Melt coconut oil. Thinly slice banana(s).  Using a silicone pastry brush lightly coat both sides of the banana slices.  Place slices on dehydrator shelf (ours is a not so fancy model from the Bass Pro Shop ). Dehydrate at 135 F for much longer than seems reasonable or approximately 9 hours! 


before


much much later


Note to self: make these in mass quantities ideally before going to bed so that you can wake up to the delicious smell of caramelized bananas.





1 comment:

  1. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???

    Where are mine? I assume you will be dropping some off soon? Today? Tomorrow? Whenwhenwhenwhen??????

    ReplyDelete