Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

Will Run For Melted Dark Chocolate & Crunchy Peanut Butter Dip



love in a bowl


Valentine's day ended much better than it began. 

glorified paper cut


It started with me smashing a glass/cutting my hand before 7 a.m.  (doesn't matter how many dishes I break I just can't seem to get out of dish duty).


In between there were some arguments with seven year olds about whether the day is called ValentiNe's or ValentiMe's day.  Some of them still aren't entirely convinced that it's called ValentiNe's day.  There were Justin Beiber cards, candy and lots of giggling girls.


Valentine's day (or Valentimes day depending on who you ask) ended with a kitchen party for Ms. Jenny, Farmer & I and pumpkin ricotta tarts with peanut butter crust  for the boys.  We've been put on notice.  They are moving to Jenny's.  Apparently the food is better there.  We'll send their troughs.

a different kind of love in a different kind of bowl


Enjoy your tarts I'll be eating chocolate and peanut butter.




Melted Dark Chocolate & Crunchy Peanut Butter Dip

(serves 3-4)

ingredients 

1/2 C peanut butter (or your favourite nut butter)
1/3 C camino dark chocolate (71 %)
1/4 C buckwheat honey
3 T coconut oil or coconut earth balance
1/4  tsp cinnamon





Place all ingredients in a small heavy bottomed saucepan.  Warm until all ingredients are melted.  Stir until well combined.  Serve with fresh fruit (apples, strawberries, bananas, etc.).






1 comment:

  1. I composted the rest of Rudy's Pupcakes because he turned his nose up at them, unless I put a spoonful of lamb stew on top. Which I did for a while and then thought that was a little nuts, even for me.
    And last night I made chocolate peanut butter dip and ate about a million strawberries. So good!!

    ReplyDelete